Hey everyone! I know things have been a wee bit quiet here on claresloves lately but over Christmas a new year I’ve been working a lot of overtime and spending time with my family. Hopefully you guys all had a great time over the festive period too! Today I’m doing a different style of post, I’m writing about ‘5 Things’ as the title may suggest. I got the idea from one of my favourite blogs ‘gh0stparties’ which I’m sure plenty of you read! However I’ve seen a few bloggers write posts like these so hopefully I’ll be able to integrate them into blog nicely!
Since it’s the New Years I’ve set myself some personal goals as well as a few blog changes I hope to make, let me share my thoughts with you!
1. Heath and fitness. Yup. I know, it’s a big one for a lot of people in the new year but this year I’m really making the effort. I have a gym membership (which is a bit terrifying) to hopefully get myself motivated. I don’t know if any of you read this post I wrote last year but I really need to get into a routine. Not gonna lie, the pounds have pilled on a wee bit since I left school and I’d like to stop feeling like all my jeans are too tight! I aim to just become a healthy person and take things slow so I can progress from being a chocoholic to hopefully a vegetable fan… We’ll see how it goes…
2. Sort out my portfolio. Some of you might know that I actually have a diploma in graphic design, however the job I’m in right now doesn’t entirely relate to that. My plan is to create something every week. Something that could potentially go in my folio. I want to push myself creatively as lately I just haven’t found the time to express myself. I recently got a graphics tablet and some cool things which will allow me to be creative on the go with my iPad! Expect a post on those soon! I also want to start sharing some of my work on my blog with you guys so you can give me an opinion and push me in the right direction. I want to build a strong folio and hopefully get myself a design job by the end of the year.
3. YouTube. It’s something I do on the odd occasion and this year I want to make more of an effort to do it more regularly. Even uploading once a month would be an improvement on my current upload schedule! I need to clear a space in my diary to film and edit and hopefully you guys will reap the benefit! Let me know if there’s anything you want to film! Suggestions for mskeup tutorials would be most excellent.
4. Sticking to my blog schedule. And general life organisation… I’m going to use the calendar app on my phone so I can set time for my blog into my week. My aim is to have a post up every 3-4 days so even taking an hour or two out of my week means ill have time to get my writing game on. Hopefully this will mean I can make time for work, the gym, my blog, youtube, and my creativity! I just need to sort myself out to be honest haha!
5. Save more money. I’m terrible for putting money into my savings account and then sneaking it back out for cheeky wee purchases! It needs to stop and I need to use my savings for real things like car insurance and petrol etc! Ideally this means I won’t be so poor in the last week of every month!
What are your plans for this year?